THE WISE MISSION
The Design & Engineering Group’s WISE (Workers in Science & Engineering) initiative strives to build awareness about negative effects stemming from inherent and acquired bias and alleviate barriers to equitable participation for women and other equity-seeking groups within the engineering industry.
2023: MOVING THE NEEDLE ON REPRESENTATION
March 10: ERG Efforts: Do Your Efforts Reflect the Experiences of Your Workforce?
When it comes to gains for women, the narrative is lacking and progress is anything but equal.
- Why affinity groups should address the most marginalized communities in the organization.
- The problem with asking employees to do DEI work on top of their full-time workloads.
June 09: Associations Check-In: Roundtable
Representatives from major engineering associations (including Society of Women Engineers, National Society of Black Engineers and Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers) provide a state of the union.
- What are they doing to address inequality? And how? An outcomes-centered discussion to point the way on where we go from here.
August 18: Engineering Potential: Determinants of Success
Examine attrition in STEM roles, such as engineering.
- What are the determinants of success?
- What are the challenges? (structural and interpersonal challenges)
- Protecting psychological well-being, job and academic self-perceptions from challenges.
December 15: Women in Industry
- How do participation rates of women in STEM vary by field?
- What does each of these landscapes look like?
- Which of these fields are most attractive to women, and why?
- Are companies becoming more receptive to prioritizing roles for women?
WISE WEBINAR SERIES
Demonstrate your support of DEI initiatives in engineering with our WISE Webinar Series Sponsorship opportunity. The quarterly webinar series gives you exclusive branding to our full engineering community from Electronic Design, Machine Design, Power & Motion, and Microwaves & RF.
Electronic Design Team
AL, AR, Southern CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, ND, OK, OH, SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, WI, WV, WY, Central Canada
Director of Sales, Design & Engineering Group
CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, PA, VT, Eastern Canada, Asia
Stay in the know and sign up to receive information on the latest happenings and marketing opportunities from Electronic Design.